I wanted to make a sauce that went well with a lot of things, kind of an “everything sauce” so once more I was determined! And I was successful! It went with my meatloaf babies, (recipe coming soon!) my zucchini pasta, I drizzled some cold over my salad and my eggs and it went perfectly! I suggest making a big ol’ batch of some of this Delish Tom Sauce and keeping it in your fridge to make things EXTRA friggen Delish!
Servings: 4 (makes 6 cups sauce)
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 14 mins
- 30oz Organic Tomato Puree
- 3 BeefSteak Tomatoes,chopped
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 4 Baby Bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1Tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, roasted
- 2Tbsp Oregano
- 2Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2Tbsp Basil
- 1Tbsp Kerrygold butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Saute your chopped Garlic, Mushrooms and Onions in butter until soft.
- Add all other ingredients except the Roasted Red Pepper and bring to a boil, then simmer for 45 minutes.
- Taste your sauce, add the Salt and Pepper to your desired taste then pour the sauce into your blender or food processor (be careful since it is going to be really hot) Then add your Roasted Red Pepper and pulse until all the chunks are gone and you get a nice smooth sauce.
- Do one last taste test and season if you need, then dig in!