If you would have told me I’d be obsessed with Brussels Sprouts a year ago, I would have called you crazy. Some of my really good friends introduced me to them, and now I want them all the time, All kinds of ways! I love my crockpot, and had some errands to do today so I thought why not throw some Sprouts in there and see what comes of it….Just as I thought, Friggen Delish. It isn’t the prettiest photo, so I added some eggs and bacon to make it look a little better and the running yolk into the sprouts….holy yum.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4-5 hours
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 lb Brussels Sprouts, Ends Chopped off and cut in half
- 1 Half of a Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Fuji Apple (or whatever you fav apple is) cored and chopped
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1Tbsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Kerrygold butter ( I used the garlic and herb for my flavor, but plain will work just fine)
- Place Water, Butter, Dijon, and Balsamic at the bottom of your crockpot
- Add the chopped Onions, chopped Apple, and your Sprouts.
- Season with Salt and Pepper
- Give it a little stir, to get everything coated.
- Put the lid on your crockpot and let it do the work for 4-5 hours on Low.
- Stir once more before serving.