This what you have been waiting for! George at Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations A big thank you to him for taking these beautiful photos for me and getting me some new fans! We were doing a Whole30 for Easter, but I still wanted to have some kind of dessert so I decided to whip this up! For my guests that don’t do Paleo I drizzled honey all over the top. There were definitely no leftovers of this dessert!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45mins-1 hour
- 3 Apples of your choice ( I like Fuji) Peeled, cored, and sliced thin
- 2 Plantains, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Almond Meal
- 1/4 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon, divided
- 2 Tbsp Nutmeg, divided
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla
- 4 Tbsp Brewed Coffee (optional)
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted.
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Peel, Core and Slice your Apples and Plantains and place in a bowl and toss with 1 tbsp Cinnamon, 1 tbsp Nutmeg
- Place all remaining ingredients in another bowl and mix well til it gets a little crumbly, this will be your Crisp mixture
- Prepare a 9×9 baking dish with Non-stick spray, or coat it with Coconut Oil
- Place your Apple and Plantain mixture all over the bottom, then top with the Crisp mixture.
- Bake, uncovered for 45minutes-1hour until the Apples are at your desired texture and until the Crisp topping has hardened and browned.
- Spoon it out into 5 bowls, and if your feeling daring or want to impress some people with an awesome Paleo dessert, top it with my Maple Pecan Ice Cream!