I am still trying to get use to this whole steak eating thing and even still getting used to finding ways to cook it! I had a lot of tomatoes that needed to be used and a Chuck Steak that was thawed…so pizza it was! Let me tell you, I was pretty impressed with myself on this one and will be having it again for sure.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Chuck Steak
- 1 Beefsteak Tomato, sliced
- 3 Baby Portabella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Onion, sliced into thin rings ( I used a Maui Onion from our farmers market…Oh. My. Yum.)
- 2Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2Tsp Dried Basil
- 2Tsp Oregano
- 2Tbsp Fresh Garlic, chopped
- 2Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- A little less than 1/4 Cup of Beef Stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat your Coconut Oil in a saute pan and add your sliced Mushrooms and Onions
- Saute until Mushrooms and Onions are soften and start to brown
- Rub your Olive oil all over your Chuck Steak, then rub all your seasonings into the meat.
- Place your Steak on a small baking sheet covered with foil and pour the Beef Stock in the bottom of the pan.
- Place your sliced Tomatoes evenly on top of the Steak, sprinkle with a little bit more basil and oregano.
- Season your Tomatoes and Mushrooms with Salt and Pepper, then spread them on top of the Tomatoes.
- Add any other ingredients that you normally like on a pizza, I added some hearts of palm chopped up and I bet some artichokes would be amazing too!
- Bake until you get the Steak to your desired meat temp, I cooked mine for about 30 minutes and it came out perfect. Enjoy!