Here comes Peter Cottontail, Hopping Down the Bunny Trail….
Happy Easter! The Easter Bunny told me he doesn’t believe that you’ve found all of your eggs yet…but I hope that this recipe can help you find your way to it! I think your getting closer….
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 hours
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 3 Tbsp Almond Meal
- 2 Egg yolks, beaten
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 12 slices Bacon
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 6 each of a hidden ingredient…
- Preheat your Grill
- Mix everything together in a large bowl except bacon
- Form Meat mixture into 6 even sized balls.
- Now the Easter Bunny wants you to say his favorite Rhyme..
- The Easter Bunny’s feet
Go hop, hop, hop,
While his big pink ears
Go flop, flop, flop.
He is rushing on his way
To bring our eggs on Easter Day,
With a hop, flop, hop, flop, hop.
- I can feel it! Your getting so much closer! Hot Hot Hot!
- YAY!!!!!!!!! You found it!!! Yep, hard-boiled egg inside a bacon wrapped beef burger. You absolutely HAVE to try this.
- Now peel your 6 (hidden ingredients) hard-boiled eggs
- Form your burger patties around the egg, it will be more of a ball than a patty to make sure the whole egg is covered. If you notice your having trouble with the meat mixture sticking add another egg yolk and/or some more almond meal. Do this for all 6 burgers.
- Wrap each burger with two slices of bacon, you can use toothpicks if you need to help it stay on, but PLEASE remember you put them there so you don’t eat it!
- Now grill all your burgers to your liking and take a big ol bite. My husband said I cheated by cutting it in half and I ruined the fun of getting to the egg in the middle, so keep biting away til you find the deliciousness inside!
Ha. Oh Wow, this idea came after working my 2nd ever night shift, maybe I had too much coffee and/or tea but I was so excited to do this post. So if it is lame, I do apologize, but I had fun writing it regardless.:)